Re: DBMS_SQL vs record groups

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:07:37 GMT

amod wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use dynamic SQLs in forms 6i. I have a choice between
> DBMS_SQL package and record groups. Which one is better in terms of
> performance. Any other methods to do the same.
>
> Basically I want to build a select a SELECT dynamically and then
> process the rows returned.
>
> TIA
> Amod

There is no hard and fast rule on things like this. Especially not knowing a lot of information about what you are trying to construct, numbers of tables, numbrers of rows, cardinality, indexes, etc.

My personal preference is a stored procedure in the database using native dynamic SQL. But not for performance as I consider that generally irrelevant. Rather because it keeps the code where I want it. Out of the front-end.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 18:07:37 CEST

Original text of this message