Re: exp80.exe -> imp.exe( oracle 8i) lock, freeze the NT

From: Imprecise <f_puhan_at_precise.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:15:03 -0400

In article <4dd66fe2.0206150632.481d806d_at_posting.google.com>,  abilio33_at_bol.com.br (COARI) wrote:

> Please,
> I have a export file generated by export of oracle 8.0.x (whith no warnigs)
> When I try to import it with imp.exe of Oracle 8i(8.1.7)
> it imports all objects, and the last object give-me the
> message "IMP-00041" and lock the computer and do not end(stop) the task.
> The imp.exe locks the dos command NT windows forever.
>
> The process oracle.exe take over 99% of the cpu time.
> I use this import parameter file :
> userid = system/manager
> commit = Y
> file = migra.dat
>
> But if I use the table mode, it imports correctly all tables.
>
> Others export file import good fine.
>
> Please tell me what can I do ?

The first thing you can do is to read the documentation.

IMP-00041 Warning: object created with compilation warnings

The general indication here is that an object (view, package, procedure, etc.) was imported before one or more of its base objects.

This is only a warning. It generally means the object needs to be recompiled before it can be used.

Your parameter file is frightfully lacking in detail. You might wish to run imp help=y to determine other operating parameters that might help you. You might also look at how your export is being performed. You don't post the parameters used for that, either.

--
The underscore character does not belong in my address. You know the drill...
***