Re: Execute immediate in forms6 not recognized?

From: ram <rmurray_at_nrcan.gc.ca>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 09:11:42 -0700

"bhogak" <bhogak_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:<0txN8.16577$6m5.5371_at_rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>...
> I am not sure if Forms6 supports 8i constructs. Forms has its own PL/SQL
> engine and it need not be the same as that of the database.
> --
> bhogak

I think you are right. On the advice of a very knowledgeable contact, I wrote a function, stored on the database, that consisted only of the "EXECUTE IMMEDIATE" line and called that function from the form: it works. Execute immediate must be server-side. Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 18:11:42 CEST

Original text of this message