Re: 8I Client - Multi Application access

From: J. Christopher <jchristophergroup_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:12:37 GMT

Fred,

[Quoted] Sorry for the vague question. The workstation is Windows 2000 Pro. We have [Quoted] two separate applications that login to two different 8i db's, on separate servers. The issue is each application installs its own 8.1.7 client. When [Quoted] installed, the installation continues to disable the other applications ability to access its database. To me, being a novice, it appears the registry entries are getting changed to work with the installation that was [Quoted] just completed. I merged tnsnames.ora, but it did not help.

J.Christopher
"Fred Puhan" <f_puhan_at_precise.com> wrote in message news:f_puhan-D2DF11.07442307062002_at_vienna7.his.com...
> In article <DQ0M8.18$f7.0_at_nwrddc03.gnilink.net>,
> "J. Christopher" <jchristophergroup_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for instructions for setting up an 8.1.7 client. We have
> > multi-apps that use various 8i systems. How can I get all the apps to
use
> > the one 8i client? TIA for any assistance.
> >
> > J.Chritstopher
> >

> Could you restate the question? There's not enough information to give
> you proper advice.
>
> Are you speaking of Windows PCs? Also, by inference you are suggesting
> there is more than one version of Oracle client software on the machine.
>
> If you are referring to a Windows PC, there are three general items that
> control which client is used: the PATH environment variable, the
> ORACLE_HOME registry setting, and possibly the Oracle Home Chooser.
>
> More info, please.
>
> --
> The underscore character does not belong in my address. You know the
drill... Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 14:12:37 CEST

Original text of this message