Re: 8I Client - Multi Application access

From: Fred Puhan <f_puhan_at_precise.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 07:44:23 -0400

[Quoted] In article <DQ0M8.18$f7.0_at_nwrddc03.gnilink.net>,  "J. Christopher" <jchristophergroup_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for instructions for setting up an 8.1.7 client. We have
> multi-apps that use various 8i systems. How can I get all the apps to use
> the one 8i client? TIA for any assistance.
>
> J.Chritstopher

Could you restate the question? There's not enough information to give you proper advice.

Are you speaking of Windows PCs? Also, by inference you are suggesting there is more than one version of Oracle client software on the machine.

If you are referring to a Windows PC, there are three general items that control which client is used: the PATH environment variable, the ORACLE_HOME registry setting, and possibly the Oracle Home Chooser.

More info, please.

--
The underscore character does not belong in my address. You know the drill...