Re: Excel-Output from Oracle Reports 6i

From: Jeroen Dekker <Jeroen_at_Square1.nl>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 10:42:27 +0200

I am no Oracle expert (so this suggestion may not make sense at all), but i know we have customers who use our (commercial) PS2text software to bring Oracle Reports output into Excel. It takes the PostScript printer file that Oracle generates for printing a report, and batch converts it to a formatted ASCII text file that retains the placement of the text strings. This text file can be imported into Excel, which intelligently determines the columns.

PS2text is available as a simple command line tool that can be set up on the server (Windows, UNIX) for an automated batch process. More info is at http://www.square1.nl/index.htm

Jeroen Dekker
jeroen_at_square1.nl