Re: JDBC driver error with ResultSetMetaData

From: Niklas Weiß <niklas.weiss_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 08:29:33 +0200

> At some stage the getColumnLabel starts to return nulls instead of
> strings (actually the only this seems to happen is with numeric
> types), even while still within the same result set, and even though a
> previous call has been successful!!!

Try to query the meta information only once and store it into an array or a hashtable. Some JDBC-Drivers don't like to tell information twice. We once had a problem using a JDBC-ODBC-Bridge against Access. First call to results.getString(i) was fine, the second call to the same line failed. So we did the same, query once and store the values to an array or sth. like that.

Regards, Nik. Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 08:29:33 CEST

Original text of this message