Error Installing Repository Instance with 9.0.2

From: Erik Wynn <ewynn_at_wsdgnet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:35:31 -0400

Hi,

[Quoted] I have just installed Oracle Developer Suite (9.0.2), and am trying to install a new repository. I am connecting to an Oracle 9i Server (running on Windows 2000), and am getting the following error message when I try to install a repository intance with the Repository Administration Utility:

  ERROR
   You do not have SELECT Privilege on sys.V_$PARAMETER view.   This process cannot proceed.

The view sys.V_$PARAMETER does exist (verified by the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console on the server).

I tried to do a:

  grant select on sys.V_$PARAMETER to pmfadmin

from SQL Plus, when logged on a system/manager (where pmfadmin is the user name that will be installing the repository), but I get an "insufficient privileges" error from SQL Plus. FWIW, pmfadmin already has pretty much full dba priviliges.

Has anynone else had this kind of problem? Any idea what I can do to get around it?

Thanks!

Erik Received on Thu Jun 06 2002 - 16:35:31 CEST

Original text of this message