Re: HELP! Installation of Oracle8i Personal Edition

From: A Chan <achanjunk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:06:43 +0800

[Quoted] Hi all

I am not too sure if Oracle 8i is able to be installed on Windows 2000 platform.

I have scour the Oracle site looking to see if I can install Oracle 8i and (this maybe my down-fall here) Oracle Application Server (Finance) 11.0.3 on a Windows 2000 or Linux box (as a production machine). The answer was pretty much NO.

Maybe it is one of those upward compatible things, but I certainly won't bet me life on it.

"Amish" <amh_at_softhome.net> ????? news:3CFC2921.69E20C0C_at_softhome.net...