Re: problem with Pro*C

From: Will <wkooiman_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 29 May 2002 22:25:33 -0700

skser_at_bigfoot.com (Sergio) wrote in message news:<11bd07c9.0205221237.1de092d8_at_posting.google.com>...

       <snip>

> void function_a(SQLDA* select_dp)
> {
> // other code follows
>
> EXEC SQL DESCRIBE SELECT LIST FOR S INTO select_dp
>
> // other code follows
>
> }
>
> This code compiles fine but crashes with a nice Segmentation fault.
>
> Any idea?

That isn't a complete program. You need to post the shortest complete C program that produces the error.

Also, why are you using the "DESCRIBE SELECT LIST" command? I've written a lot of Pro*C including dynamic SQL and OCI. I've found that OCI is a lot easier to deal with than "Method 4 of dynamic SQL". Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 07:25:33 CEST

Original text of this message