Developer6i Forms running in Character Mode?

From: Edzard <edzard_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 29 May 2002 05:41:08 -0700

This problem was posted a few month ago. I have a solution now but can no longer respond to the original message.

2003-03-4:
Hello all,

I am installing a new HP/UX server and wish to use up to date versions of Oracle Software. Hence I installed the 6i version of Forms and upgraded the existing Forms45 applications. This all went smoothly. Only the installation of Forms took a lot of disk space, as it is installed as component of 9iAS.

Now the application crashes each time when you return from a form to the menu. The menu itself is also a forms application. It uses CALL () built in to call the other forms. The apllication crashes with the error:

Error: stisini(),13 - Can't open
/u11/oracle/product/8.0.6/bin/oracleError: Stack Initialization Failure Error: s3

Of course I reported this on the metalink. But I saw there that an earlier TAR about this error that was not solved. Should I forget about character mode in Developer6i now? I can still continue with Forms45 together with Oracle 7 server , is that a better thing to do?

Edzard

2003-05-29:
Apart from:
"stisini(),13 - Can't open /u11/oracle/product/8.0.6/bin/oracle"
"Stack Initialization Failure"

I also got:
"Error from U_get_previous_frame_x is 1 :"
"Stack is not Windable :"
"Stack has no Unwind_descriptor"

This was with Oracle Developer6i Forms patch level 9 (i.e. forms 6.0.8.18.3).
With patch 10 (forms 6.0.8.19.1) the problem is now solved!

Edzard Pasma Received on Wed May 29 2002 - 14:41:08 CEST

Original text of this message