Re: Convert Number to Time ?

From: Huebner, Matthias <matthias.huebner_at_verkehrsberatung.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:18:15 +0200

Salut Jon,

"Jon Spartan" <jonu_at_ixtech.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:n68oeu8b4rjefhrtgrmclh92ojfsk25msm_at_4ax.com...
> I have an Oracle 8.1.7 DB I must work with and import into MS-SQL. The
> "programmer" has a column TIME ( which I will allow should be some for
> od time or date/time ) which is listed as "number" with a precision of
> 21.

Did your "programmer" decode his own date/time or did he use any standard?

> I have to convert this to an MS-SQL datetime column.

If your programmer used "standards" the fractional part of the numer are the percents of a day:

1,0 = one day
0,9 = 90% of a day = 0,9*24 = 21,6hours = 21 hours 36 minutes = 1296 seconds.

> Is there anyone who may assist me in this, as I am at a total loss as
> Oracle is very new to me ( 4 days and counting )
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Jon Spartan

hth Matthias Received on Tue May 28 2002 - 11:18:15 CEST

Original text of this message