Re: Oracle or DB2

From: (wrong string) é <scantland.andre_at_ville.gatineau.qc.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:49:49 -0400

[Quoted] Thanks Daniel

My concern is a lot more with the functionalities and maintenance requirements than it is about money. I'm in a municipal environnement and most of my colleages from other major cities complains about the need to have DBA's for day to day operations.

We have to decide on either migrating to Oracle or DB2. After receiving great documentation and insights from those 2 compagnies, it seems that we are confronted to this reality.

For applications designs, Oracle offers more functionalities but also requires more day to day maintenance!

On the other hand, DB2 offers better performance and stabilities but personnaly I was impressed with web based Oracle 9i that offers 3 teers technology and online implementation of tables wich should reduce day to day maintenance!

Thanks again for your reply

André