Using Oracle or DB2

From: (wrong string) é <scantland.andre_at_ville.gatineau.qc.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:39:14 -0400

[Quoted] As anyone migrated from DB2 to Oracle. If so here are my questions if you have a minute or two to answer:
1- Why did you migrate
2- Was it a question of money or technology
3- What happend to your corporate applications running on DB2.
4- Any tips (do's and dont's) for choosing Oracle.

We are planning to dump INGRESS and we have many proposition from Oracle and DB2 and most of our corporate applications are written in INGRESS, therefor we have to rewrite.

We have some applications running on Oracle but we do not have on hand DBA's in either Oracle or DB2.

Insights anyone

André Received on Mon May 27 2002 - 17:39:14 CEST

Original text of this message