Re: Help on 8.1.7 Personal Install on Windows 98

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:10:13 GMT

Cameron wrote:

> Help! This installation keeps crashing. The install seemed to go
> fine, then the Net8 Configuration Assistant ran successfully, then
> when the "Oracle Database Configuration Assistant" ran (again
> automatically), the PC froze and had to be powered off to reboot. I
> then ran the Configuration Assistant two more times manually and again
> it died each time. I get a Command.com DOS screen, then the system
> dies.
>
> Is this a known problem? Any fix for this? It dies trying to create
> a database from a copy on the install CD. Any ideas?

> ************** chughes1_at_nyc.rr.com ***************
> *********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************

This is common. I have found that sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts to get it to work.

Be sure that the CD you have is compatible with Win98: Not all are.

That is, perhaps, the price one pays for having a poor excuse for an operating system. I would suggest going to NT4 or Win2K.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 17:10:13 CEST

Original text of this message