Re: Re : undefined object when creating snapshots

From: Oracle Guy <ora12222_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 May 2002 10:02:29 -0700

> Look in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin at the file SQL.BSQ. This file contains
> the definition of the data
> dictionary objects and the comments on the field values.
>
> For obj$ (version 8.1.7.3) the valid TYPE# values are:
> 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,19,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34, and 35. No 42.
>
> So it does not know how to interpret it.

Daniel,

Dug in at oracle's website. The object of type 42 should be decoded to
'MATERIALIZED VIEW' They apparently appear in more recent versions of Oracle and only with Compatability set to 8.1.0.0.0 or higher.

Oracle even suggested updating the systems views to include this new type.

I now have a request into oracle for a better explaination of why and under
what conditions the 'MATERIALIZED VIEW' objects appear, but as the standard
output for a "create snapshot ...." seems to be "Materialized View created" I guess it may just be a new way to store snapshots in the database.

If anyone has been down this path before, please share any information you might have on it.

Oracle Guy Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 19:02:29 CEST

Original text of this message