Remote Debugging of JSP in WebLogic 6.1 using JDeveloper 9i

From: Stephen Chell <stevecnz2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 May 2002 17:55:10 -0700

Hi all,

I've configured remote debugging in Oracle JDeveloper 9i to attach to an instance of WebLogic Server 6.1 using JPDA, and this works fine for the remote debugging of java classes. However, I can't seem to remotely debug JSPs. JDeveloper lets me set breakpoints in the JSPs, but when the JSP is compiled and executed at runtime by WebLogic, the debugger in JDeveloper is not triggered when the breakpoints in the JSP should have been reached.

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

I've included the following in weblogic.xml, which presumably causes debugging information to be included in the compiled servlets, but this hasn't helped.

 <jsp-descriptor>
   <jsp-param>

<param-name>compileFlags</param-name>
<param-value>"-g"</param-value>

    </jsp-param>
 </jsp-descriptor>

I logged a TAR with Oracle regarding this, but the response did not help at all.

Any help assistence would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Steve Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 02:55:10 CEST

Original text of this message