Installation of Oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat Linux 7.1 <http://www.oracle.com/forums/images/new.gif>

From: Pieter <phuiberts_at_ivwnet.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 16:14:17 -0400

Hello,
[Quoted] I am facing some difficulties installing Oracle 8.1.6 on my server (RedHat Linux 7.1, server install).

I can start installer after type exper LD_ASSUME_KERNEL="2.2.5", but after it has completed about 72% of the installation it gives following errors:
error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/ldap/lib/ins_ldap.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/network/lib/ins_net_server.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/network/lib/ins_oemagent.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/odg/lib/ins_odg.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/otrace/lib/ins_otrace.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/plsql/lib/ins_plsql.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk

error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/oracle/ctx/lib/ins_ctx.mk

I select ignore on all of them!

After that it shows INSTALLATION COMPLETE SUCCESSFULLY. The Network Configuration Assistant has started. It hangs the computer In log shows error this

Error loading native library libnjni8.so java.lang unsatisfied ink error:jniGetOracleHome

When I stop the Database Assistant, the Creation of database start.It completes without any error.

How can I get the files that I ignored properly installed so that the Oracle works properly?

Thanks a lot,
Piet huiberts Received on Sun May 19 2002 - 22:14:17 CEST

Original text of this message