Re: Report Builder graphics

From: Aurelio Martin <amartin_at_traza-si.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:51:07 +0200

[Quoted] "Epicentre Team B Annecy" <carmanet_at_epicentre.fr> escribió en el mensaje news:abtsbu$luu$1_at_wanadoo.fr...
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible with Report Builder to display, as a
> report column, a chech box checked
> in illustration of a boolean database column set to true?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Celine Armanet
> EPICENTRE
> carmanet_at_epicentre.fr
> Tel. : +33 04 50 09 7000

Yes, it's possible

First, create two graphic files: one with a checkbox in "checked" state, another with a checkbox in "unchecked" state. Save them as GIFs, JPEGs, BMPs, whatever

In Report Builder, open the Layout Model to see the repeating frame of the report column

Select File->Import->Image... to get the first graphic file into the Layout [Quoted] Model, and then the second one. Put both of them inside the repeating frame, [Quoted] one on top of the another one.

Select the checked image and open the format trigger editor (Windows: right-click -> PL/SQL Editor ). The code will look like :

function checkedFormatTrigger return boolean is begin

  return (TRUE);
end;

You must change TRUE for a condition that is true when the database column is set to true.

E.g. if the database column is VARCHAR2( 1 ) with two possible values, 'Y' and 'N':

function checkedFormatTrigger return boolean is begin
  return( :Database_Column = 'Y' );
end;

The format trigger for the unchecked image must be the logical negation of the checked one:

E.g.

function uncheckedFormatTrigger return boolean is begin
  return( :Database_Column = 'N' );
end;

or

function uncheckedFormatTrigger return boolean is begin
  return( not ( :Database_Column = 'Y' ) ); end;

Hope this helps

    Aurelio Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 12:51:07 CEST

Original text of this message