Suitable backup method for me ?

From: Dino Ming <dinoming_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:27:50 +0800

Dear All,

  Can somebody help me to carify which backup method is best for me. ?

  I've 1 RS/6000 loaded AIX4.3.3, and which is [Quoted] [Quoted] running an Oracle 8.1.7.2 + 9iAS. We've 2 newly created tablespaces for our data. And it is running under NON-ARCHIVELOG mode..

  The box is not too critical, as it can shutdown at night.

  Currently, I'm using the exp approach to [Quoted] [Quoted] dump these Tablespaces to a file. And back it up into Tape every night.

  One of my friend told me that using the exp [Quoted] [Quoted] approach to backup the oracle is not suitable for me. So, I'm now confusing... and start to find/gather information on using RMAN.

  Please share your experience with me.

Rgds,
Dino