Re: 2 oracle applications on the running on the same computer?

From: mr <t_at_t.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 14:35:38 -0500

[Quoted] In article <3CE164A2.9625026F_at_exesolutions.com>, "Daniel Morgan" [Quoted] <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

thanks Dan for your answer.

our situation is that we cannot have a client workstation use 2 applications that are oracle aware. app1 uses oracle srv/db1 while app2 uses oracle srv/db2. what happens is that both installations will right to the registry of the client and point to the oracle db. just having one app works great. however, when we use 2 apps that point to different oracle db/servers, then the last app to get installed get precedence because of the rewrite to the regestry. have you seen this with oracle apps. i have just started to look into this problem with my db person.

thanks for any help