Re: Hot Backup

From: Chuck <chuckh_nospam_at_softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:51:45 -0400

[Quoted] Backing up by just copying open database files does not produce a reliable backup. You need to...

  1. Ensure database is in archive log mode.
  2. You should also turn on automatic archiving. This step is not necessary [Quoted] [Quoted] but without it you need to manually archive logs whenever they fill.
  3. For each tablespace do a: start backup, copy (or ocopy on NT) the datafiles, end backup.

"Laurent Boutet" <laurent.boutet1_at_libertysurf.fr> wrote in message news:abr6tj$48j$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr...
> Hi all !
> please forgive my french accent...I hope you'll understand me ;-)
>
> a few weeks ago, I have had to make a software in order to do a backup of
> Oracle DataBase...
> First I began with cold backup which worked very well...I stopped my
Oracle