Re: Uninstalling Oracle 7.3.4 Client

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:04:05 GMT

Bernard Calvo wrote:

> I'm havig problems Uninstalling Oracle 7.3.4 Client in WinNT 4.0.
> When I select uninstalling I get a Dr. Watson!!!
> What's wrong?
> Thanks!
>
> --

Likely the problem is that you are working with software that was deployed long before WinNT4 with whatever service packs was developed. But just ignore the uninstall utility: Just delete the directory in which the software residees.

If you want to get fancier, and have a bit of risk, go to the registry and delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTARE\ORACLE key. But if you mess that up don't send me a nasty email. Working in the registry entails accepting risk and responsibility.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue May 14 2002 - 17:04:05 CEST

Original text of this message