Linux Oracle Client

From: Tony <none_at_none.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 03:51:11 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] In the past, I was able to write unix shell scripts to pass sql commands to the companies informix server on an aix unix box using isql.

Since then, we've moved to Oracle. And I maintain a few linux boxes.

I would like to install Oracle client on a linux machine to be able to run some sql off an Oracle 8i NT install over the network.

All I seem to be able to find is info on how to install Oracle on Linus and that it's difficult. I don't want to install the db, just the client.

Can I do what I want?

Can anyone provide urls or info?

Is there an easier way?

Tony! Received on Sat May 11 2002 - 05:51:11 CEST

Original text of this message