Re: ORA-00214 How to resolve control version inconsisten problem ?

From: Alexis Escobar <alescoba_at_dcc.uchile.cl>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:45:58 +0100

Mhhmmm...first make a copy of all your database files, redo log files and control files. Then modify your init.ora to point a01.ctl. Try to startup your DB step by step (nomount, mount & open). If it fails, shutdown your base and then modify your init.ora to point a02.ctl. Try to startup your DB like before...If it fails, it means that you have a corrupted control file and you must use some script to recreate your control file (that script is generated using the command "alter database backup control file to trace"). Probably you dont make that script...so you can get it from another database but you must modify it to point to your real datafiles and logfiles.

Regards
Alexis