Field Descriptions?

From: David Wright <David_wright_at_spra.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:44:23 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I just got a hold of a oracle database but don't really know what the field [Quoted] names refer to. Is there a place where 'field name descriptions' are usually [Quoted] put? For example, Access has something called 'variable descriptions', SAS has something called 'variable labels'.

Field names, locations and labels are usually something I call a 'data dictionary' -- which may be somewhat different than what Oracle calls a 'data dictionary'. If there is a 'common' place to put field descriptions, please [Quoted] let me know.

-david Received on Fri Apr 26 2002 - 00:44:23 CEST

Original text of this message