Starting from scratch...

From: Darwin <darwincam_at_aol.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2002 13:26:05 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] Over the next year I will be creating a new (very complex) database [Quoted] using Oracle 9i. I have old Sybase (500+ tables) to reference, but have been told that I cannot move it to Oracle, it has to be re-designed. I have not had the opportunity of starting green like this and want to approach the task as efficiently as possible. We are not worried at this point about loosing functionality, data will be eventually ported over to the new database.

I have been looking at development tools including Oracle's Discoverer, Datanamic's DeZign (http://www.datanamic.com/), plus many others. If you were starting from scratch and had the opportunity what would you use?

Thanks in advance...

Darwin Received on Thu Apr 25 2002 - 22:26:05 CEST

Original text of this message