Re: insert into select ... very very slow

From: e <ecl01_at_email.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:21:46 -0700

you're asking a very generalized question so it is difficult to give a specific answer. however, might i suggest you first use the explain plan to analyze your select statement.

there can be many factors that effect performance of the statement: no indexes, incorrect indexes, too many indexes, fragmented data files, database architecture, locks, etc, etc.