View getting invalidated

From: Yash R. Ganthe <yash_ganthe_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:20:42 +0530

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I have 2 tables A and B. The schema of both is identical. A view V is [Quoted] defined as ( select * from A union all select * from B). If I drop a particular column from both A and B, the view V is left invalidated. The Oracle documentation also says so. Any view that depends on [Quoted] a table that has been altered, remains invalidated till it is recompiled.

So I did a : alter view V compile.
This command succeeded.But the view did not get validated.

Can anyone guess why this happens? One would expect the query to be reevaluated after recompilation. Since there is a select *, it should work fine. But it doesn't. Can someone suggest something?

Thanks
Yash Received on Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:50:42 CEST

Original text of this message