system.block_status

From: Sheng Jin <sheng_jin63_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:03:27 -0600

Hi, Oracle Gurus:

Currently, I use form6 to develop a user system. I want to make exit form a bit better by the following code.

    if :system.block_status = 'CHANGED' then ( or :system.form_status = 'CHANGED' )
          exit_form(ask_commit);
    else

          exit_form(no_validate);
    end if;
 I have several similar forms. Some work as designed. But a couple didn't work strangely.
 When a user closed the form, it always ask the user to commit the change or not even the user only open
a record to read. I checked the form there is no where to change the values. I have no clue why the form will
change the block_status or form_status with no reason. Could anyone help me how to solve this problem or
point out my mistakes.

Some users ask me to have this function in the Oracle form. Inside the form, when user press a button, a excel
file will open. User can modify the file and save the file the database. In this way many users in different office can share this information. I told to them to create some table s in the database and use form to access them but they prefer this simple way. I don't know this make sense or any one have any good suggestion?

T.I.A

Sheng Received on Wed Apr 17 2002 - 20:03:27 CEST

Original text of this message