Re: Does Oracle have an MSDE equivalent? (correction)

From: Ron Fluegge <rmflugge_at_swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:05:26 GMT

I have been to that page AND downloaded the 3 zip files to the total of about 1+GB. Here's the problem. The link you click on is "Oracle 9i Database Enterprise/Standard/Personal Edition for Windows NT/2000/XP Pro".

My confusion is: Is it the Enterprise, Standard or Personal Edition that I just downloaded? The link below that one is entitled: "Oracle 9i Personal Edition for Microsoft Windows 98" -- clearly the Personal Edition.

The confusion started when I did the download -- I guess I wasn't sure what it was I was getting. The last time I did such a download the Oracle sales guy told me I had downloaded the "mobile" version even though I thought I had downloaded the Personal Edition as well.

Anyway, many thanks for re-acquainting me with the page...I also have a cup of coffee in hand...<G>

Ron Fluegge
rmflugge_at_swbell.net
Power corrupts, and absolute power is actually pretty neat...