Interface Forms and Excel: Really desperate

From: Lorpol <lpolanco_at_autys.cl>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:55:41 -0500

I am very nervous. Please, I need help for it folow:

I need to invoke Excel97 from Oracle Forms 6i for to do formatting cells on line in Excel from Oracle Forms.

I can not transfer format properties.
For example: borders for cells range.

My boss said that I must build with ole2 rather than DDE, because is more standard and sure.

The specific code that is not giving results It is follow. However, the code do not fail, it has a success compilation and execution, but It do not happen nothing :

Declare
application ole2.obj_type;
workbooks ole2.obj_type;
workbook ole2.obj_type;
worksheets ole2.obj_type;
worksheet ole2.obj_type;
rango ole2.obj_type;
font ole2.obj_type;
borders ole2.obj_type;

Begin

listpar := ole2.create_arglist;
ole2.add_arg(listpar, 'A12:A12');
--ole2.add_arg(listpar, 1);
--ole2.add_arg(listpar, 1);
--ole2.add_arg(listpar, 1);

rango:=ole2.get_obj_property(application, 'Range', listpar); ole2.Destroy_arglist( listpar );

borders := OLE2.GET_OBJ_PROPERTY(Rango,'Borders');

listpar := ole2.create_arglist;

ole2.add_arg(listpar,1);
ole2.set_property(borders,'LineStyle',listpar);
ole2.Destroy_arglist( listpar );

end;

Thank you a lot for anything help Received on Tue Apr 16 2002 - 23:55:41 CEST

Original text of this message