Re: System Colors

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 23:24:24 +0200

[Quoted] On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:29:03 GMT, Rick Schoeffel <richard.d.schoeffel_at_boeing.com> wrote:

>Okay. I received no response to my original post. Maybe I didn't explain
>well enough what I am looking for. I'll try again.
>
>I want to be able to set an item background color to be the came as the
>background color of a window. The form window background color is
>unspecified so it will always be the color the user has selected with
>the MS Windows Display Properties. I need a way, like a forms built-in
>function, to find out what that color is so that I can use
>SET_ITEM_PROPERTY to specify BACKGROUND_COLOR to be that value. I know
>how to use SET_ITEM_PROPERTY to set a specific color, I just don't know
>how to find the current window color.
>
>Is this possible? Is there somewhere else to find this information? Is
>there some other way to do this?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

Obviously you need to use the Winblows API to find out the color. Hence, this is not an Oracle issue, and you should try to find assistance on Microsoft literature or Microsoft newsgroups.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Apr 15 2002 - 23:24:24 CEST

Original text of this message