Re: Search engine - how to implement on Oracle?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:57:56 +0400

Try interMedia Text as search engine, and any frontend you find the easiest to implement (PSP, Dynamic PSP, JSP, ASP, whatever). 8i Release 3 is ok, though Oracle Text in 9i is a bit more advanced and introduces rule index type (where you search for queries matching the document instead of searching for documents matching the query and can use this index for document routing, for example). Read the documentation on Oracle Text in 9i - it even contains an example of a web search application : http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/901_doc/text.901/a90122/acase.htm#620714

--
Vladimir Zakharychev (bob_at_dpsp-yes.com)                http://www.dpsp-yes.com