Search engine - how to implement on Oracle?

From: Arturo <aparafiniuk_at_rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 04:20:32 GMT

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm looking for some advice on how to implement a search engine on Oracle - [Quoted] it would be something working similar to Yahoo, obviously much simpler than that. I'm looking for some hints regarding how to approach the project: can I use Oracle 8i or do I have to use 9i? Do I have to use Oracle Web Portal or is it also easy to implement it using the database, SQL, PL/SQL and Java? Would text option take care of the search part or should I implement an algorithm to make the search possible? If so, where do I find a description of such an algorithm?

ANY hints will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
arturo Received on Mon Apr 15 2002 - 06:20:32 CEST

Original text of this message