Re: Does Oracle have an MSDE equivalent?

From: tojo <TomJordanTojo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:11:23 +0200

[Quoted] In article <%K9t8.77857$fO3.3097535700_at_newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>, rmflugge_at_swbell.net says...
> I have been trying to locate and obtain an Oracle "personal" edition of 8/9i
> that is equivalent to Microsoft's MSDE.
>
> I need to develop/modify an application to interface with Oracle databases,
> but I need something that I can "afford" and that can run as a reduced
> version of the server product -- hopefully something that can be downloaded
> or purchased for a "reasonable" fee. (MSDE is the developer/desktop version
> of SQL Server.)
>
> Any advice, suggestions, comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated...
>
> Thanks...

> Ron Fluegge
> rmflugge_at_swbell.net
> Power corrupts, and absolute power is actually pretty neat...

The closest thing to MSDE would be Oracle Personal Edition, but it ain't free. Oracle Lite is another possibility, if your db isn't too large.

Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Regards,
tojo Received on Thu Apr 11 2002 - 15:11:23 CEST

Original text of this message