Re: what is OEM stand for?

From: Erik Stenfert Kroese <stenfert_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:16:29 +0000 (UTC)

This might also be an anwser... though a bit late, but I had to look it up also..

What does OEM stand for?
Original Equipment Manufacture.
These are original parts or subs as supplied by the product manufacturer or their parts distributor. These items are not your normal retail items.
They are considered service parts by the industry. This means they are provided as repair parts to the manufacturers service companies. This is what makes them difficult for the average retail dealer to supply. Rarely are they in any type of retail packaging.