Re: can't create a first database! cant attach to shared memory

From: (wrong string) üttner <dorian.buettner_at_uni-duisburg.de>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:16:54 +0200

> I got the Oracle 8.1.7i installed on a Suse linux 7.2 - System.
> I also installed the patch for glib 2.1.
> the dbassist created a script to install a first database
> but it fails with executing the line
>
> SVRMGR> startup nomount pfile =
> "/opt/oracle/admin/oracledb/pfile/initoracledb.ora"
> ORA-27123: unable to attach to shared memory segment
> Linux Error: 13: Permission denied
Looks like the dbassist generated script did not run yet. It has to be run as oracle within a shell, not from the svrmgrl. Depending on the db-configuration, it may take up to several hours even a 500MHz-PC. Did you take notice of such a process? Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:16:54 CEST

Original text of this message