Re: how to increase leading space in a character field using Report Builder 6i

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 08:37:12 GMT

Thanks Joost,
that is more or less what I did but it is also what I'd like to avoid! I actually padded the string with a blank inside the format trigger, so I don't have to tamper with my source query. I thought also of introducing a sort of gutter between each pair of columns, but this means wasting a lot of time moving around fields that came perfectly aligned from the report wizard. How can it be that Oracle didn't take into account the overlap between a border line and the first character of a field? For numeric fields at least there are some useful format masks where you can put blanks, zeros and so on, but for character fields there is absolutely nothing handy (unless I overlooked it...).

Bye,
Flavio