Re: oracle reporting tool

From: David Penney <anon_at_noaddress.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 19:33:08 +0100

before the Oracle Ogre descends upon poor Nicole at CA - I'd just like to say that there are *LOTS* of good reporting tools & I'm sure Thorsten gets the idea that he should take note of his own requirements, check out a couple of them & choose accordingly.

I would add Actuate & Elixir to the list as fast growing companies in this area. If Cognos is included then so should Business Objects.

Before the Oracle thought police arrives, I am a software vendor, just not any of the ones on the list!

I have personally used Crystal, Brio, Bus Objects, Elixir & Actuate.

Given your requirements if it were me being paid to advise you ;) I would suggest you start with Actuate.

Regards,

             David
             CTO-Europe
             http://www.metamatrix.com