Oracle 9iAS and OFA

From: John Opitz <jopitz_at_nospam.optushome.com.au>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 13:39:11 +1000

Hi all,

Just a question about 9iAS and OFA:

I typically install Oracle RDBMS products under /db01/app/oracle/product/[version#] where version# is something like 8.1.7 or 9.0.1 as per the OFA guide.

[Quoted] I'm a DBA currently looking into installing 9iAS, and was wondering if there were any standards/recommendations as to the location of the 9iAS products? In other words, do we place the software under a new ORACLE_HOME under the $ORACLE_BASE/product directory, and if so, is there a standard for naming this directory ?

Thanks,
John Opitz
[jopitz_at_optushome.com .au] Received on Sun Apr 07 2002 - 05:39:11 CEST

Original text of this message