Re: sorting with parentheses

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:57:18 +0400

If you mean physical sorting, then don't you rely on any particular order your rows are physically laid out - there's no guarantee they will be sorted in any particular order. Use ORDER BY in your select statements to sort your query output. Also, NLS_SORT is perfectly valid in 8i and you can alter it to set sorting algorithm to the one you want (ALTER SESSION SET NLS_SORT= BINARY|name where name is any of supported linguistic definitions).

--
Vladimir Zakharychev (bob_at_dpsp-yes.com)                http://www.dpsp-yes.com