Changing connection within Oracle forms on the web

From: Chris Weiss <nomail_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:14:10 -0500

We have run into a limitation of forms on the web and we need to be able to do the following:
  1. Create a proxy user to manage a custom login screen -> no problem.
  2. Modify the default form with a default login -> we can do this with the config file on iAS.
  3. Change the connection after the user has "logged in." -> Problem :(

The standard code for creating a connection doesn't seem to want to compile. Can someone describe solutions to the following problems?

*) How do we change connections by using a username and password entered by
the user.
*) How do we change the primary database connection within a form?

Thanks,
Chris Received on Tue Apr 02 2002 - 20:14:10 CEST

Original text of this message