Behaviour of Global Temporary Table In HTTPSession(Java Servlet or JSP)

From: Arun Solleti <solleti_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:32:06 -0800

Hi

I have a web application which is deployed on Tomcat. For Oracle Database transactions, I am using Connection Pooling to get a Connection

to my Database.

First i open fetch a connection from the pool inside a JSP/Servlet, then

i call a Oracle Stored Procedure(using the Java CallableStatement) which

performs the processing and then populate a global temporary table. After
the execution of the CallableStatement, i run a simple SELECT statement to display the results.
Afterwards i release the connection to the pool.

  1. Will the data in the Global Temporary Table still persists untill my session expires or will it be lost after i close my ResultSet Object and

then release the connection back to the pool.

2) Will i get the same information again if i come back to the same page

after some time or reload the page because the pool may give me a different
connection when i do HTTP request again on the same JSP/Servlet. So even though i am in the same session i have different database connection so
will this cause any problems for me to access the data populated by different
database connection which actually populated it.

I am currently under the impression that the data will persist untill my

HTTPSession of JSP gets expired, but when i reload the JSP that i may get a different Connection object(Because of the Connection Pooling) and when i do run the same SELECT statement on the temporary table i may get different or no results.

Any inputs would of help.
Thanks
Arun Received on Mon Apr 01 2002 - 05:32:06 CEST

Original text of this message