VB app connectivity problems with Oracle 8i Server

From: Priyesh Patel <priyesh_at_mercurie.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:01:29 +0100

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am trying to migrate an existing VB application so that it uses Oracle instead of access database. I am using ODBC to connect the application to the oracle server.

I have observed two problems :

a). VB application complains about tables not found if public synonyms are created.

b). Similar problem if more than one user has a table with the same name.

The VB application works fine if there are no synonyms and if only one schema exists in the database.

Has anyone else encountered this problem ? I have tried the Oracle supplied [Quoted] ODBC driver and Microsoft's.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Regards
Priyesh

Mercurie IT Received on Mon Apr 01 2002 - 14:01:29 CEST

Original text of this message