Re: Oracle to excel at server side

From: Stuart Turton <sturton_at_maderich.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 04:51:42 GMT

I'm not too sure what your restrictions are (you have another thread asking about doing the same thing in Forms 6i). If you can live with Oracle to Excel only (rather than Excel to Oracle) and using Reports 6i instead of Forms 6i,you can use the following URL segment to make the data automatically appear in a new Excel document

/cgi-bin/rwcgi60.exe?server=pubsvr

&report=emp.rdf
&destype=cache
&desformat=delimited
&mimetype=application/vnd.ms-excel
&userid=scott/tiger_at_nt805

You get all sorts of crap in the spreadsheet unless the report is coded to not display any boiler plate when displaying delimited format.

application/msaccess (desformat=delimited delimited_hdr={YES|NO}) application/vnd.ms-excel (desformat=delimited delimited_hdr={YES|NO} )

You can also get formatted data in Word and Acrobat application/msword (desformat=rtf)
application/pdf (desformat=pdf)

Metalink Doc ID: Note:118225.1
Subject: Automatically Launch Excel Running Delimited Report Output Using Web CGI