Re: java loader

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2002 10:05:32 -0800

In article <3CA49A26.8040507_at_yahoo.it>, i_conico says...

>Hi all.
>
>I need to call SQLLDR from within a java application and I don't want to
>make a system call ( runtime.exec() ) to Unix binary file.
>
>Is it possible?
>
>Thanks
>Stefano

by magic perhaps?

your goal:

Run another program called SQLLDR

your constraint:

don't use the api that runs other programs...

hmmm... I suppose you could set up a cgi-bin on a webserver, this cgi-bin could run sqlldr, you could use the URL class to run sqlldr.

sqlldr is a program, not an API. You can build your "own" sqlldr that would read the file and using a prepared INSERT statement, insert the data.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/