Oracle OleDB, Database Links and ADO

From: Mike <okana!!nofuckingsp|am!!~_at_!!nofuckingsplam!!~voidnet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:24:21 -0700

[Quoted] I have an issue and I hope someone has an answer or a fix.

Database is Oracle 8.0.5 - there is a database link with a synonym to a remote table.

Queries against the remote table work fine in SQLPlus and using ADO in VB6 with the MS MDAC default Oracle provider.

BUT - we have PCs for parts of our operations that have the Oracle 8.1.7 OleDB installed (it is required for other pieces of software) If I do a query using SQLPlus on an 8.1.7 client, no problem. But if I try a query using ADO in VB6 and the Oracle OleDB as the provider - it does not work. I get the following error:

"ORA-02041: client database did not begin a transaction"

Other queries are fine, just those using the remote table as a source

Is there a fix, work-around, a setting in the ADO command or connection object to fix it?? I cannot use the MDAC Oracle provider once the Oracle OleDB has been installed, it will not work at all. (At least not that I have been able to get it to.)

For now, I have the table replicated in the alternate instance - but I'd rather not deal with having the data duplication and daily loads (the data for this table is refreshed daily from an outside source.)

If you are going to reply via email please remove the extra characters used to limit spam. (com, okana and voidnet are valid)

Mike Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 18:24:21 CET

Original text of this message