Oracle Designer Install

From: Epicentre Team B Annecy <carmanet_at_epicentre.fr>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:27:06 +0100

Hello,

[Quoted] I'm trying to install Oracle Designer (Windows 2000, Oracle version 8.1.7), [Quoted] so I've created a "OraDesigner" directory, but the install gives me the error:
"Oracle Repository Tools and API does not support multiple installations,
and therefore cannot be installed on 'OraDesigner'. It can only be installed [Quoted] on 'OraHome81'. In order to install Oracle Repository Tools and API, please [Quoted] run the Oracle Installer again, and select 'OraHome81' as the target location."

Then I do what it said to me!!... And It gives me the error:
"The location specified, "C:\Oracle\ora81", is already used as an Oracle
home for 'Oracle 817 Production'. It cannot be used as an Oracle home for 'nt'." :-(

Do someone know what is this problem? Where does it come from: problem of defining multiple Oracle Homes??

Thanks in advance.

Regards. Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 11:27:06 CET

Original text of this message