Oracle 9i, shutting down the HTTP server...

From: Giovanni Azua <bravegag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:24:49 +0200

Hello all,

I installed Oracle 9i to start playing with it but found it comes with a built-in Apache Tomcat HTTP Server 4.0 running in the exact port (8080) used by other instances of the server I had installed earlier and I am having conflicts when running my old projects because the Apache listening port obviously appears to be used.

I have already tried the "Stop HTTP Server powered by Apache" option and stopping the service manually but still one instance remains active (How come!), can anyone recommend how can I stop it?

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Giovanni Received on Sun Mar 24 2002 - 14:24:49 CET

Original text of this message